Friday, July 27, 2012

Rabindranth and Ranu Adhikari (contd from post 19.7.12)

After finishing the acting of Bisarjan, interview with reporters, and lecture etc he came to Santiniketan from Calcuttaon 2nd Sept. Ranu also came along with him to Santiniketan. Rabindranath wrote a letter to sarajubala Adhikari on 3rd Sept;
" Now, we have finished our acting. Ranu is going home with Andrews.She has earned much fame by acting here. She was looking beautiful on putting her dresses. Moreover, I believe that this acting in such an environment is a lesson in her life.  I was confined to Calcutta this time for long .I got free yesterday and taking rest at present. Ranu was with us for many days. Now it seemed to me vacant. not only to me, everybody including Gagan felt vacant in her absence. Her laughter, conversation she became thew center of all amusement. Now she has to be involved in her activities. I too will be doing the same. I have to go to China and prepar lecture for that. Within a day or two I will be starting my writing."
He has to begin his work just now. He will preside over the meeting of 4th session of Viswabharati.
After Ranu having been started for Banaras, Rabindranath changed his place of accommodation and wrote to Ranu on 6 Sept,
" Do you want to know, where do I sit and write? That is not the place where you saw me last. I have come to the place tomorrow where I permanently used to stay. The place where I am doing my writing now is known to you but there is a change of furniture. My table covered with slate has been moved from south-east corner to north-west corner. A wooden caught has taken that place."