Saturday, September 17, 2011

Marriage of Rathindranath (contd-1)

"Rabindranath's in-experience in domestic affairs caused some mistakes in the management of Rathi's marriage, after its successful completion," was the complain made by Manoranjan Bandyopadhyay. In reply to this Rabindranath wrote on 8 Feb (26 Magh); " I was not to be blamed for the mistakes commtitted in the management of Rathi's marriage ceremony. Because I was completely aware about my in-experience in all such affairs.  I kept myself silent during the ceremony and  relied on those whom I had given full liberty to perform all about the management. The only exceptions are I paid the money and Rathi is my son. Many blunders have been committed and I'm supposed to be responsible for those but I expect absolute excuse from your end." Rabindranath along with his son and daughter-in-law went to Santiniketan, on the same date (26th magh) and added, " We are going to Bolpore this day." Before doing this he was busy in doing last minutes  social responsibilities. Jyotirindraanth, in his diary, wrote on 31 Jan (18th Magh),"...I met Rabi after coming to Jorasanko in the room of Bela" and dded on 24th Magh,"again I met Rabi in the room of Bela after coming to Jorasanko along with Jogesh (Choudhury)" Rabindranath was very much pleased with her (daughter-in-law) behaviour and her handsomeness and wanted to hand over the respnsibilty of his family.