Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rabindranath and Ranu -1924

Rabindranath was not goin on well. He went for a day or two to calcutta to get a change and wrote on 4th Feb 1924 to Ranu,
" Being anxious for my health I came to Calcutta. I thought that some parts of my body get damaged. I am reluctant to go on with wrong parts of my body. I examined my body top to bottom with the help of Dr, Nilratan Sarkar who commented that nothing had happened, no parts of your body are damaged. He also added that my pulse is just like a growing youth. I feel tired frequently because my energy specially the energy of my heart wants to be exhausted by doing things for the world. The stock of energy one must keep for a long journey, I want to spend carelessly that stock of my energy. Now I want to take some rest so that I can accumulate some energy for my next movement."
Not only Dr. Nilratan Sircar, the best Physicians of abroad opined  the same remark after examining the health of Rabindranath.
While performing rehearsal of the drama "Bisarjan" Ranu got intimate relation with some youths as she was ignorant about practical world and these incidents get complicated with the jokes made by Rabindranath. Ranu even could not folloow the apparent passion shown to her by Rabindranath. The letter written on 4th feb 1924 by Rabindranath to Ranu revealed the whole story ;
" My sweet girl, keep yourself cool. I became anxious only for you. I was sorry to say I myself responsible for  the complex situation you have been entangled.I am sorry because in your tender age when you should keep yourself busy with your study, you have been thrown into such a complex situation.