Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Rabindranah in Shantiniketan ( 14th April 1925)

At the end of Chaitra in 1331 (Apri 1925) having returned from Europe Rabindranath took rest at the quarter of Prasanta Chandra Mahalanabis of Alipore observatory under the sweet hospitality of  Nirmal Kumari, wife of Mahalanabis. Though he had been there in Aswin 1330. This is his second visit in Alipore.. His lecture after the meditation in Upasana Griha in Shantiniketan on 14th April 1925 was full of his me moires of the days in Alipore which says;
" I have got some leisure in my ill-health to look at ownself and the universe standing on the western side of death and with light of faded life away from habituated daily living. We were in a place at Calcutta where there is no dry cemented footpath, it was filled with greenaries all around with trees.I could have seen the spring in the nature afte many days...."
Arrangements of tiffin were made on the first day of the year fo all invited guests including the residents of the Ashram in the Mango groves.
On 4th Mrch, Jyotirindranath Tagoe breathed his last.
He wrote on 1st  Baishakh to Mira Devi,
" My grand daughters are my planets.But they have crossed the rule of the modern Astrologers. They were making Rabi (the sun) to move round them i.e., they possess more gravity than I (Rabi) do......"
Rabindranath was passing his days almost leisurely. He wrote this to Kadambini Datta:
" the leave I as  enjoying due to my illness, was fruitful.. after many days my mind could secure his seat in green room of the Universe."
Congratulating Rabindranath in his 65th birth day, Gandhiji wrote to him on 7th May;
" Suneeti Devi tells me she is going to Bolpur to take part in the celebration of your 65th birth day . may I add my wish and prayer to the many that will be sent up tomorrow for your health and long life ?'
On 8th May, " Panchabati" was founded and  birth day of Rabindranath was celebrated.
Amita Thakur (chakraborty) wrote in an unpublished memoires;
" In the year 1925....on the top courtyard of Konark birth day of Rabindranath Tagore wass celebrated" In the morning songs ,recitations were asrrangedand in the night " Lakshmir pariksha" wass staged. Many VIPs arrived Shantiniketan from Calcutta on that occasion.. The presence of Sisir Bhaduri was noted. Two days back she wass asked to get into heart the poem, " Panchishe baishakh". I took the role in Lakshmir Pariksha of Kshiri. "