Sunday, June 19, 2011

Santiniketan (contd-16)

Describing how he was passing Puja Vacation in Santiniketan Rabindranath wrote to Mohit Chandta on 8th Oct. 2003.
Now I'm taking rest. At present I've less  amount of work at hand. I've put off the internal spring, so my pen is not moving. I coach the students for an hour and then I keep myself engaged in reading books. Some times I pass by gossiping, sometimes pass my time in any other form. But I'm not able to throw myself in ebb-tide. Hence I've decided to hand over my nursing to the Padma river for my recovery after cmpleting my task in Santiniketan within a month.
Rabindranath was reading 'A Confession'  written by Tolstoy and he was thinking in himself, 'there are many things in the book, but one can learn more from the experience in  his life. One can be more enlightened  in it'
 Rabindranath was also in the phase of some changes of his thought. His wife and his daughter  died untimely. His health was also broken. Moreover, the anxiety about the school made him introvert. He tried to write all these things to Mohit chandra.
Gradually, things from the past was reflecting in  my mind.'